The first of many mistakes

The First of Many Mistakes



     Hey, I'm sure you're wondering exactly what I'm about to be carrying on about, so let me tell you up front. I am a young man trying to become a self-published author on a low budget. Big woop, and good luck, right? Right.

Image pulled from Pixabay free for commercial use


     Because of the numerous roadblocks that I've hit, most of the time out of stubbornness, I wanted to give everyone else with the same dream a different kind of resource. A series of my mistakes as I make them so that maybe you all won't hit all the same problems.

       However, don't expect this to be a guide to success. As I said, in the beginning, I'm "trying" which means I haven't achieved it yet. Even when I do, I won't be able to tell you exactly how to do it for yourself, no one can.



What this boils down to

image pulled from Pixabay. Free for commercial use.

     I want to keep anyone who cares to read this updated as I go. That means some posts might come out fairly close together while others take quite a while. Also, I am doing or trying to do this, on a very limited budget so bear that in mind.

     As I add posts I will try to remember to come back here to add links.


     Here are some things that I have encountered already(there's plenty more) that I plan on getting out as soon as possible.


  • Don't try to hide it
  • Get started writing no matter what
  • Do not try and plan out every last detail
  • You can write on a low budget
  • Get feedback as you go

What I need from you

Image pulled from Pixabay. Free for commercial use

    I need feedback. Comment, post to social media, do what you feel like but please do something. I want this to work. I want to be able to help others, but I can't do that if I don't reach people. Tell me what you'd like to know and, if I've encountered it, I will try to make a post about it.

     I know I'm not the only one going down this path. I know I do not have all the answers, but maybe I have a few of them that can help. I hope to hear from you, and keep your eyes open for posts coming soon!

     If you feel like it shoot on over to twitter and follow me @Janders7718.

Comments

Popular Posts