Don't be embarrassed to write

Are you nervous to write?

     That is perfectly normal. As a matter of fact, it's good because that means you'll double and triple check your writing. It's good to be a little nervous, but don't be embarrassed.

     This is something that I personally struggle with. I didn't want to tell anyone what I wanted to do when I decided. Of course, being a high schooler when I set this in my sights probably only amplified this trait, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one still struggling with this.

Image pulled from Pixabay. Free for Commercial use.

     The point I would like to make is two-fold. You should be excited to pursue your dream. You should want to tell people. You should want to talk about it. However, that does not mean you are obligated to talk about it. I have told my immediate family, but it took me several family gatherings of working myself up to answer the dreaded questions only to chicken out before I discovered that, while I do enjoy telling people and talking about my dream, I am not required to tell everyone that asks what I am doing.

Sometimes the best thing for you is peace of mind
Image pulled from Pixabay. Free for commercial use.

     If you don't want to tell every single person who asks then don't feel obliged to do so. If you do decide to tell them then don't let their responses discourage you. You might a receive a sarcastic "Interesting" or "Good luck with that" and even "that must be an experience". Thankfully, when I received these it was from people that I just told in passing, acquaintances, my family has all been in favor of my choice.

     I know that this may not be too hard to manage for some people, but for those that are like myself, for those who have a hard time talking to others about their passion, I hope that I have helped so far. I have another piece of good news though.

Networking isn't impossible
Image pulled from Pixabay. Free for commercial use.

     There is one word that I absolutely hate, and it is networking. I'm not good at this, but I do understand that networking is not impossible. There is a decent chance that you are reading this off of your phone, but I'm sure that you are wondering why I would bring that up. Well, your phone is your potential network. It has access to all of the major social media sites to advertise yourself. It has access to the internet, a literal wealth of knowledge.

     In the palm of your hand is an entire network that is just waiting for you, and so many other resources are squeezed into that one tiny device. Dictionaries. Job boards if you're a freelancer. Entire websites and forums designed to help you practice and refine your work. If you are really needing inspiration then there are prompts and ideas that people would love to share.

     Now that doesn't mean that it's going to happen immediately. You will have to post, you will have to put yourself out there, but it will be on your time and on your terms. That's the best thing about my cell phone. I can type up posts and hit the button. I can respond and reach out without worrying about stumbling through my words. If I type out something that just doesn't sound good, and I manage to catch it, I can just erase and retype without sounding unsure of myself.


      
Image pulled from Pixabay. Free for commercial use.

     To wrap up, be confident in what you do, and where you're going in life. Most importantly, be happy with what you're doing. It's a great and awesome thing! I hope you succeed and do great.

     If this helped you and you feel up to it, please go onto twitter and give me a follow @Janders7718. I will continue to link this blog over to it so that it will be easier to access future posts. I hope that this has helped you and that you return next time to go over the fact that it's better to start somewhere then to keep waiting for the perfect time.

Comments

Popular Posts